Friday, September 11, 2009

Public Agenda

I am ashamed.

Of all the debates on what is appropriate for the public school curriculum, we the people, are concerned about a speech by the PRESIDENT of the United States!

What about textbook publishers that WRITE history?
What about foodservice providers determining what our children eat?
and
What about us, the teachers?
My kids are bombarded daily with opinions on global warming, the economy, and health care reform...and this occurs in Gym class!

Below is an excerpt from President Obama's speech.
I did not vote for him.
He is my President and has my FULL support.

REMARKS BY THE PRESIDENT
IN A NATIONAL ADDRESS TO AMERICA’S SCHOOLCHILDREN

Wakefield High School
Arlington, Virginia

12:06 P.M. EDT

THE PRESIDENT: Hello, everybody! Thank you. Thank you. Thank you, everybody. All right, everybody go ahead and have a seat. How is everybody doing today? (Applause.) How about Tim Spicer? (Applause.) I am here with students at Wakefield High School in Arlington, Virginia. And we’ve got students tuning in from all across America, from kindergarten through 12th grade. And I am just so glad that all could join us today. And I want to thank Wakefield for being such an outstanding host. Give yourselves a big round of applause. (Applause.)

To view the full transcript, click here.

No comments: